Lab Metallurgist - comm'l heat treat
This position is accountable for the day-to-day responsibility for managing the Metallurgy Laboratory Ensures customer satisfaction by establishing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing procedures and/or work instructions that support the group's metallurgy requirements.
• Supports all divisional quality and purchasing departments as it pertains to metallurgy expertise.
• Reviews both internal and external raw material processes searching for continual improvement opportunities.
• Meets with raw material (i.e. steel) suppliers on a regular basis to develop and improve our partnership.
• Works with quality and purchasing to develop meaningful indicators for raw material suppliers.
• Develops systems to ensure the metallurgy laboratory is efficient and meets the group’s expectations for customer service.
• As a member of the Quality Assurance Team, this manager will control cost in line with the Business
• Plan and will actively participate in pursuing all avenues to grow the business.
• Keep Lab compliant with ISO 17025.
• Champions the maintenance and continual improvement of the Laboratory A2LA certification.
• The commitment of company expenditures beyond normal day-to-day operating expenses must be pre-approved by the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Metallurgy or Metallurgical Engineering degree and 5 years of experience in related field required.
• Experience in the field of metal manufacturing and materials required.
• Knowledge of specifications and tolerances.
• Is familiar with the use of SPC, FMEA, and APQP and has experience in obtaining /maintaining ISO 9001 registration as well as A2LA accreditation.
• Practitioner of Project Management, Root Cause Analysis, team building, etc