Sales Engineer - comm'l heat treat
Responsible for managing, developing and supporting equipment and consumables sales in a multi-state territory. The customer base consists of industry, university, government and research laboratories.
The sales engineer will call on managers, engineers, supervisors and technicians responsible for preparing inorganic materials for research, quality control, failure analysis and more. The successful individual will be responsible for supporting customers at all levels – pre and post sales, application support for commercial heat treat services.
• Manage key accounts and assist sales team in their account management. Develop and cultivate contacts at high levels within the industry
• Balance customer relationships, customer satisfaction and company interest in a reasonable fashion
• Qualify leads to ensure the sales team is focusing their effort on realistic contracts
• Assist in developing sales opportunities and key accounts through presentations, qualification documents and conferences with potential customers
• Keep up to date with market research to identify potential and current customer needs and develop an effective application of products and services
• Evaluate product and service marketability in terms of customers’ technical and manufacturing needs
• Work hand in hand with other Industries and help them develop business worldwide
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of five years of experience in the heat treat industry
• Extensive knowledge of the metal industry required