International Search Partners
- Meadville, PA
Mechanical Engineer - vacuum furnace
The mechanical engineer for international vacuum furnace OEM will design products and work closely with customers and production to ensure quality, on-time delivery of product.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or significant experience designing heavy machinery
- 3 to 10 years of related experience
- Familiarity and deep interest in mechanical engineering including machine design, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer
- Familiarity with SolidWorks or similar 3D software and ability to create manufacturing drawings
- E.I.T. or P.E. preferred
- Design components and create manufacturing drawings in SolidWorks (75% of time)
- Assume engineering responsibility for portions of heavy machinery design projects
- Grow into assuming complete engineering responsibility for projects and leading team members
- Perform calculations using Mathcad, FEA, CFD, and internal programs
- Support sales, purchasing, manufacturing, and other departments
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of time to meet customers, support installations, troubleshoot issues, etc.
- Perform R&D for existing projects and develop new technologies