International Search Partners
- Wixom, MI
Under the direction of the Application Engineering Supervisor, the Application/Sales Engineer researches, develops, and sells standard and custom-designed industrial furnaces and furnace systems, meeting Company standards, applicable codes, and customer specifications.
- Review and interpret customer inquiries and leads.
- Work with customers and sales representatives to discuss, refine, and ultimately sell standard industrial ovens.
- Formulate complete descriptive line item quotations based on standard unit costs and meet with Engineering to establish one time engineering design hour estimates to meet the design requirements of the proposal.
- Create accurate and complete proposals.
- Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for quality, profitability, and manufacturability.
- Develop working relationships with Engineering, Materials Management, Production, and other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites and promotional venues.
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related experience as an Application/Sales Engineer or 10 years of working in a heat treating related industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in metallurgy or materials preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience desirable.
Friday, September 21, 2018