Director of Sales
International Search Partners
- Detroit, MI
Management of a technically-astute Sales and Customer Service Team along with other distribution channels in order to achieve profitable sales growth for the Alloy Products and Investment Cast businesses through current customers, new customers and former customers in both low growth and high growth markets.
Develop the structure, strategies, processes and tactics of the sales efforts.
Transform skilled technicians into more effective and productive salespeople.
Cultivate strategic sales initiatives focusing on providing engineering solutions utilizing either coating alloys or brazing filler metals.
- Train the Sales and Customer Service Teams in more effective selling techniques through strong managerial skills, proven and effective frameworks and metrics to measure performance.
- Establish incentive compensation plans to stimulate the most effective selling techniques and behaviors.
- Coordinate and implement with marketing the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Identify prospective industries or applications for new or existing products which will provide long-term sales growth.
- Advance pricing strategies for desired market share, growth, and profitability. Negotiate strategic quotations.
- Manage projects both with respect to bids and also introduction of new product development into the facility and the markets.
- Maintain an annual forecast to support business planning and manufacturing schedules.Working with customer service and the outside sales force update the forecast monthly by territory, customer, and product.
- Plan and lead quarterly sales meetings with defined objectives.
- Develop and maintain a competitive intelligence file including sales volume by customer, product, market share, prices and strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide reports which include competitive analysis on market share, sales forecasts and product applications and/or sales strategies.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the technical or product sales management area.
- Commercial acumen and adept at Team Management
- B2B Sales utilizing both direct sales and distribution channels with customer base sizes into the hundreds in diverse industries.
- Hands-on Change Agent never satisfied with the status quo who aspires for Excellence by setting high standards
- Results-driven, Team player in a high performance culture environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Sound Leadership and management qualities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- High standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ERP; preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software
- Direct experience in alloy coatings and/or brazing products highly favored but not required.
- Experience in Automotive, Aerospace, Glass Container, Oil & Gas and/or Steel Industry preferred.
- B.S. in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or Engineering Preferred
- MBA Preferred.
- Travel likely 50% of worked time is required throughout North and South America
Friday, October 5, 2018