International Search Partners
- Cincinnati, Ohio
Plant Metallurgist - comm'l heat treat
This position will be the heir apparent to the plant manager and work closely with analysis, process design, quality and production.
- Perform tasks and execute behavior in a manner that supports safety to yourself and others working with you.
- Provide coordinated and optimized standard metallurgical practices to production planning system. Establish simple, cost-effective, robust Standard Metallurgical Practices.
- Maintain the Non-Conforming Product (NCP) system plant wide by working with the Material Review Board (MRB) to contain, review, investigate and disposition all non-conforming product and suspect product.
- Maintain a system for reporting and analyzing the hold activity information for any non-conforming products placed on hold.
- Manage the Lab Anneal activities performed by the Laboratory Technicians; review the lab anneal work as needed to determine and assign production anneal practices.
- Investigate customer complaints in cooperation with the Product Engineer, Inside Sales Representatives (ISR’s), and Uhrichsville plant personnel. Communicate customer complaint information and activities to the Technical Manager and the Plant personnel.
- Provide metallurgical advice and assistance to the Rolling & Finishing Supervisors; Casting, Rolling & Finishing TA's; colleagues within the Uhrichsville Operations.
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years related Metallurgical experience in aluminum, steel or similar industry is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years working in a heavy industrialized/manufacturing environment is required.