CFO - Industrial Services and Manufacturing
Iowa Career Connection
- West Des Moines, IA
We are looking for an annoyingly accurate finance professional.
Our client, located in Central Iowa, near Des Moines, designs, sells, manufactures and implements process control solutions across a range of industrial applications and industries. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for all accounting and financial activities through their own efforts and those of the team they lead. As a member of the Leadership Team, the CFO will contribute to discussions and decisions on all aspects of the business. Being a member of the senior leadership means you are “always on” and will represent the company to customers, suppliers and the community and internally with employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of all monthly financial statements
- Preparation of annual budget and periodic monitoring of budget
- Preparation of payroll
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, depreciation, operating expenses, etc.
- Monitor accounts receivable and deal with collections
- Analyze cash flow needs.
- Creation, maintenance and preparation of managerial accounting reports to monitor business operations. See attached document entitled “Business System Requirements” for further information.
- Manage and reduce COGS through active management of our supply chain.
- Manage and reduce Operating and Overhead expenses.
- Manage contracts between company and customers and between company and suppliers.
- Coordinate external audit and external financial reporting
- Participate in all tax-related matters including sales tax and federal/state taxes
- Manage acquisition activity as needed
- Supervise Accounting department staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Skill in developing, maintaining and interpreting financial reports
- Skill in developing, maintaining and interpreting useful managerial reports to assist in monitoring
- Capacity to think strategically and participate in discussions regarding all aspects of our business as a member of the Leadership Team.
- General business management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work ethic demonstrating high attention to detail
- Supervisory capabilities
Measurements and Goals
- Timely and accurate preparation of meaningful financial documents
- Timely and accurate preparation of meaningful managerial reports. This includes implementation of the concepts identified in the Business System Requirements document.
- Timely and accurate payroll processing
- Meet company goals with regard to aged accounts receivable
- Timely and accurate handling of all tax activities
- Management of company expenses including COGS and Operating/Overhead expenses.
- Remarkably Responsive: We genuinely enjoy helping our customers operate at their best. We live it by promptly answering questions with proactive solutions. We anticipate issues before they escalate and navigate comprehensive options – whether it’s a product quote or untimely emergency.
- Aggressively Accountable: We have our customers’ backs. We know sometimes things go wrong, and when they do, we take responsibility to attack a problem’s cause and solve it. We rectify issues no one else can.
- Colossally Committed: We believe that strong relationships are earned. Our reliable presence and commitment means we show up. All the time. Every time. In every interaction, we give 100% effort, 100% of the time. Our customers recognize the value of our long-term dedication. We do whatever’s vital to keep our customers’ businesses running.
- Annoyingly Accurate: Accuracy bolsters customer trust. We set high standards and strive for precision that’s borderline annoying. We aim to deliver unbeatable accuracy.
- Accountability: Demonstrates the ownership necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Business Fundamentals: Understands the organization's mission and functions; business ethics; market knowledge.
- Critical & Analytical Thinking: Possesses sufficient inductive and deductive reasoning ability; mental agility.
- Drive for Results: Pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation. Goes beyond the routine demands of the job.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Initiative: Intrinsically driven to succeed and excel.
- Organized: Able to orchestrate multiple activists at once to accomplish a goal.
- Preparing & Evaluating Budgets: Gathers relevant budget material and anticipates future needs; accurately prepares estimates of cost and prepares budget.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Identifying problems; generating alternatives; choosing solutions and implementing them.
- Strategic Planning/Action: Specifies the strategies and actions necessary to achieve objectives.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
Experience: Experience in accounting activities and management of those activities. Experience in accounting activities of product and services operations. Experience with accounting systems and financial reporting. Emphasis on ERP implementation.
- Base from $120K+ depending on experience
- 30%+ combined annual bonus and retirement compensation package
- Full benefits
- Other benefits as defined.
Thursday, December 27, 2018