Venture Capital - Controller
Iowa Career Connection
- West Des Moines, IA
Our family of companies strategically invest primarily in real estate projects throughout the United States, targeting value-add and opportunistic returns for our investors.
As our new Controller, you will be responsible for managing and implementing a variety of projects in support of the parent company’s Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer, and Managing Members, with a focus on financial reporting and analysis of the performance of our investments.
A successful candidate will have a strong accounting background with the ability to expand the role into more financial analysis over time.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting of Finance with a minimum of 3 to 6+ years’ experience, preferably including self-responsible preparation of financial statements or Big 4 accounting experience.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financing information
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment, ideally in financial service sector
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred (active or inactive)
What you'll be doing:
- Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Creation or evaluation of all financial analysis of existing and future investments
- Responsible for review of various legal documents including partnership agreements, loan documents, and closing statements
- Responsible for final coordination and compliance for closing and funding of transactions
- Prepare external reporting related to acquisitions including quarterly investor updates
- Oversee investor waterfalls to calculate distributions by the investment analysts.
- Perform market, industry, and tenant analysis as required to assist team in making strategic investment decisions
What's in it for you?
- Fast-paced, growing real estate company with access to executive management team
- Competitive compensation
- $415/month employee covered medical benefits
- 401K/Pension and profit share
- 3 weeks paid time off in first year
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
$80,000 - $90,000 (Plus Bonus)