HR Manager - Manufacturing (Union)
Iowa Career Connection
- Centerville, IA
An excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to enjoy a high quality of life in rural Iowa and be a key leader in your community.
The HR Manager will oversee the HR department and work closely with business leaders to execute the company’s strategic business initiatives and the Human Capital Strategy. The HRM oversees all human resource functions of our manufacturing facility. This includes oversight of both hourly and salaried employees. This is an HR role in a union production environment with about 250 employees.
What you get to do:
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Promotes and supports company’s health and wellness initiatives
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current HRIS processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity
- Handles all types of employee inquiries and issues
- Ensures delivery of annual trainings such as union avoidance, anti-harassment, core values, etc.
- Handles escalated employee inquiries and issues
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.
- Conducts employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serves as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, union (if applicable), and management. Provides union avoidance training.
- Protects employee data and handles all information with integrity and confidentiality
- Build, inspire, and lead teams/individuals in alignment with the overall Human Capital Strategy
- Ensures we are hiring, developing, and retaining the best people
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise – best practice sharing
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field required
- 5+years of related HR experience
- Previous project management skills requires
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or supporting labor relations objectives in Union environment to include grievance handling and negotiations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products and HR Systems
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred
Saturday, April 13, 2019