Windows Helpdesk Technician
Information Systems Solutions
- Pearl City, HI
Information Systems Solutions (ISS) is looking for a Windows Helpdesk Technician Administrator to provide Tier 1 & 2 technical support on a classified network supporting a US Government Customer. The selected candidate will work as a Windows administrator supporting CENTRIXS networks.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Windows system administration including administration of Windows 2016/2019 Servers and Windows 10 systems in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot and configure Group Policies, Organizational Units, and Domain trees.
- View log files for errors.
- Use Microsoft and third party software tools for troubleshooting and fixing system performance issues, modifying GPOs, and validating configuration parameters.
- WSUS patching.
- Basic network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and DNS and be able to troubleshoot basic LAN and WAN network routing issues.
- Basic VDI troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems using Horizon 7, including troubleshooting desktops, desktop pools, and resetting user sessions.
- Provide technical assistance with application issues (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, IE, Firefox, Classify for Outlook, NXPowerlite, Chat client).
- User account management
- Patching and troubleshooting hosts.
- Performing required IA scanning and applying STIGs as required.
- Experience with the Remedy ticket system.
- Ability to read and write Standard Operating Procedures for standardization.
Why Work For ISS?
At ISS we pride ourselves on providing an employee-focused and family first environment. Being a small business, we take the time to get to know our employees and have a vested interest in helping them achieve their career goals. We work to schedule regular social gatherings within the company to foster camaraderie. ISS values their employees by providing a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fully vested 401(k) matching program, coverage of family medical deductibles, spot bonuses, and educational assistance to further your career.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
one of the following:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- 3+ Years of Experience with Windows Administration and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and ITIL Certification.
Thursday, July 30, 2020