Information Systems Solutions
- San Diego, CA
Information Systems Solutions (ISS) is looking for a candidate to operate, administer, and troubleshoot virtualized Linux operating systems (RedHat and Solaris SPARC) and applications; including Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) hosts and infrastructure on a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network.The selected candidate will work as the primary System Administrator for a mission critical UNIX operating system.
Specific job duties include:
- Operate, administer, and troubleshoot virtualized Linux operating systems (RedHat and Solaris SPARC).
- Familiarity configuring and patching logical domains and zones.
- Perform routine audits of the system and applying updates, patches, and configuration changes as required.
- Identify and resolve performance or security issues through the analysis of computer logs, scan results, and other tools provided by the Government.
- Harden these servers in compliance with DISA STIGs.
- Interact with customers and participate in technical reviews, including but not limited to peer reviews and Change Configuration Boards (CCBs.)
- Deploy servers that support new or existing core services capabilities
- Develop server configuration scripts, installation guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as directed by the Government.
- Write, test, and manage scripts and utilities to automate day-to-day systems administration and configuration management tasks using operating system scripting languages (BASH, PERL, etc.)
- Automate system patch availability, configuration management, and compliance auditing using Red Hat Satellite server, Ansible, Puppet, and/or other automated configuration management products as directed by the government.This includes helping system administrators resolve connectivity issues for servers that access the Satellite server for updates.
Why Work For ISS?
At ISS we pride ourselves on providing an employee-focused and family first environment. Being a small business, we take the time to get to know our employees and have a vested interest in helping them achieve their career goals. We work to schedule regular social gatherings within the company to foster camaraderie. ISS values their employees by providing a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fully vested 401(k) matching program, coverage of family medical deductibles, spot bonuses, and educational assistance to further your career.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
One of the following:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- 4+ Years of Experience with Linux Systems
- Experience with Red Hat VM environment
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and ITIL Certification
- Experience with the IAVM process
Wednesday, June 3, 2020