Linux High Performance Computing (HPC) Administrator
Information Systems Solutions
- San Diego, CA
Information Systems Solutions (ISS) is looking for a candidate to support Linux servers and Windows 10 clients on both classified and unclassified networks supporting a U.S. Government Customer. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for administration of a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment maintaining user accounts, operating system patching, security scanning, and troubleshooting hardware failures.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage Linux Servers and Windows 10 clients supporting the HPC
- Hardening of Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu) machines in accordance with DISA STIGs and regulations
- Manage backup system configuration and operation (SAN or NAS)
- Resolution of hardware/software interoperability problems
- Assisting end users with issues from account maintenance to software configuration and access.
- Streamlining and enhancing distributed/shared processors
- Basic knowledge of switching and networking
- Perform the duties of the Data Transfer Agent for the customer
Why Work For ISS?
At Information Systems Solutions (ISS), we pride ourselves on providing an employee-focused and family first environment. Being a small business, we take the time to get to know our employees and have a vested interest in helping them achieve their career goals. We work to schedule regular social gathering to foster camaraderie within the company. ISS values their employees by providing a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fully vested 401(k) matching program, coverage of family medical deductibles, spot bonuses, and educational assistance to further your career.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
One of the following:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
and one of the following:
- Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Advanced Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2)
- Senior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-3)
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with CentOS and/ or Ubuntu
- Know how to parallelize code with MPI, OpenMP, Fortran, C, and C++.
- Know how to parallelize computer code using a distributed-memory or shared-memory, or heterogeneous (general processor with a specialized co-processor, or gpu) architecture
- Be familiar with parallel algorithms
- Understand the NIST RMF (Risk Management Framework) process for certifying systems as secure
- Be familiar with the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and the OpenScap tool suite
- Be familiar with the Apache web server, and how to set up web sites, and mediawiki sites
- Understand how to CAC-enable Apache web servers to meet SSC PACIFIC security guidelines
- Familiarity with NetBackup, Korn and bash shells, and VMware
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and ITIL Certification
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Experience with the IAVM process
Thursday, April 18, 2019