- Bethesda, MD
Software (.NET) Developer – Bethesda, MD
The primary responsibilities of a software developer are focused on working with teams and management for programming needs, in addition to writing, updating and maintaining computer programs for related projects. The developer is also expected to gain knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology and is preferred to have pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for communicating with other team members and management team regarding programming needs and performance.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Write, update and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Write, analyze, review and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with management, engineering and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysis to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires some training in computer science, pharmaceutical industry or engineering generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor’s degree program.
- Demonstrated experience in project development from inception to deployment.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience.
MINIUMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid understanding and hands-on professional experience with Visual Studio, ASP.NET 4.5,C#, Entity Framework 5,Web API, JQUERY, and SQL.
9. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
10. The ability to manage multiple task.
11. Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently.
12. Proven ability to appropriately escalate issues to management.
13. Provides a climate for motivation and support.
Wednesday, April 15, 2020