- Washington, DC
Agile Coach – Washington DC
JCDS is looking for a Agile Technical Coach to work with a Federal client, in the Washington Metro Area, on their Agile Transformation journey.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc) as well as scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile framework (SAFe).
- Coaches, mentors and trains on-site and remote individuals to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, Agile teams. Facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution as it arises and proactively guides team.
- Develops and delivers training, mentoring and coaching around agile engineering practices and techniques such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, collective code ownership, pair programming and DevSecOps.
- Proactively identifies bottlenecks, impediments and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas of inefficiency and waste.
- Coaches and mentors on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.
- Designs the roadmap for the organization’s Agile Transformation. Develops target roles, skills and organization design in support of agile transitions.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and leadership to establish consistent metrics and KPIs for measuring progress and effectiveness at team, product and organizational levels.
- Consults with executive leaders to improve understanding of management’s role with regard to organizational Agile practices/processes, and requirements for facilitating and leading an Agile transformation.
- Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning Agile methodologies and advances those best practices in the organization.
Location: Washington DC
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of degree.
- 8+ years Agile Engineering/DevSecOps experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant IT experience.
- Strong understanding of Agile concepts including Scrum, Kanban, Product Ownership, and Agile Scaling.
- Passion for and hands-on experience with DevOps, TDD, BDD, refactoring, automation, and Continuous integration.
- Technical Agile Coaching experience with engineering teams and DevOps implementations, transformations and engineering support including the following areas:
- Understanding complex architectures and the ability to coach and guide delivery teams in engineer practices.
- Understanding dependencies.
- Understanding how developer’s code, check-in into source control, perform manual and automated tests.
- Performing vulnerability and performance tests.
- Deploying to production.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and technologies including, not limited to: Github, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Selenium, Bamboo, Nexus, and Fortify.
- Ability to do structured and ad hoc agile training and mentoring.
- Certification in one of the areas following: CSM, CSPO, CSP or other relevant certifications preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with multiple cross-functional teams to produce an end-to-end offering.
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information at a Top Secret Level.
Monday, September 30, 2019