- Springfield, VA
AppDynamics Engineer/Administrator – Springfield, VA
This Candidate will also provide expert guidance on the best use of AppDynamics to internal project teams.
- Support application monitoring for Java, .NET and NodeJS application architectures.
- Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical websites and web applications from the end-user perspective.
- Monitor, alert and report on the health and performance of project team applications.
- Track applications’ availability across cluster servers, including AWS cloud with built-in alerting and instant notification of issues.
- Communicate changes and outages to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure efficiency and conformity in operation through effective communication with all staff.
- Participate in corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency, and profitability.
Location: Springfield, VA
- 5 years 0r Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience
- 5 years of experience with demonstrated technical proficiency in AppDynamics.
- Proven proficiency with AppDynamics Monitoring of large scale JEE Applications (WebLogic, JBoss, and Tomcat), .NET and NodeJS applications.
- Experience identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project teams; and establishing project budgets
- Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability for CBP clearance.
Nice to Have:
- AppDynamics training and/or certification
- Experience preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing.
- Able to present ideas applicable to the audience and context. Excellent active listening skills
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine and track process measures to deliver process effectiveness and efficiency
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
Thursday, April 18, 2019