Associate Project Manager
- Rockville, MD
Associate Project Manager – Remote/Rockville, MD
As an Associate Project Manager, you will support the work of an interdisciplinary technology group by coordinating and monitoring the tasks assigned to various team members. This individual receives incoming tasks, assesses the complexity and skills needed to perform each task, assigns the task to appropriate staff, and tracks the status of all assigned projects to ensure that progress is being made and deadlines are met. You will also review completed work and performs a variety of tests and quality control checks. This employee works closely with a technology project manager and assists team members through troubleshooting and responding to issues as needed.
What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Accepting incoming work from the project manager or client and assigning to team members based on project processes and skillsets.
- Preparing work for team members to enhance communication, reduce errors, and improve efficiency.
- Monitoring and tracking assignments to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Performing quality control of project work performed by team members and ensuring that quality of work adheres to company standards.
- Interacting regularly with external clients and team members to review the status of tasks, resolving issues, and negotiating agreements.
- Preparing budgets for specific tasks and projects and tracking costs to ensure projects remain within budget.
- Consulting and co-developing digital strategy across multiple initiatives.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders regarding project needs.
- Troubleshooting issues, resolving questions, and overseeing day-to-day activities of the project team.
- Navigating frequent and fast-moving requests.
- Working within the Drupal Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Demonstrating a solid command of the Quality Assurance (QA) process and training others in QA while providing oversight and general support for QA team.
- Assisting with the development and management of work plans and budgets, coordinating across project teams, and monitoring and tracking of project deliverables.
- Translating data into plain language for clients.
- Developing evaluation plans and logic models for programmatic activities.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships that expand our clients’ reach.
- Providing direction and monitoring junior and mid-level staff to ensure that projects and tasks meet internal and client deadlines, revising schedules as needed.
- Developing and reviewing weekly and monthly client reports.
- Refining and maintaining quality control processes for specific projects and tasks and working to enhance quality control processes across projects.
- Proactively reaches out to the Project Manager and other leads to provides updates about status, opportunities, and issues.
- Negotiating and contracting with outside vendors as needed.
- Developing day-to-day contact with senior-level client representatives, including planning and participating in conference calls and meetings as needed.
- Participating in the development and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science/information systems or related field of study, and a minimum of 4 years of experience, including at least 2 years of project management experience.
- PMP or PMI certification highly preferred.
- A background in public health , as well as experience working on Federal Government or nonprofit projects, is strongly preferred.
- High proficiency in 508 compliance standards.
- Strong experience working in Drupal as a Content Management System.
- A strong eye for quality assurance and proven track record for implementing detailed quality control processes.
- Immensely strong eye for content and web development quality assurance, with ability to critically think and make tough decisions while navigating digital work for editorial and development teams.
- An anticipatory nature that allows you to think a few steps ahead while discussing a future feature update, along with potential impacts while determining what constitutes a “final” deliverable.
- Project and time management skills with the ability to delegate and coordinate activities of the project team.
- Proficiency in project management software, specifically Jira (e.g., MS Project) and MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within the Drupal Content Management Systems (CMS) as well as similar CMS solutions is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread and perform quality control of others’ work.
- Knowledge of user experience design, information architecture, usability, visual/graphic design, programming and development, technical infrastructure, and related technologies a plus.
- Familiarity with and technical knowledge of Web technologies (e.g., HTML, CSS, XML, SQL) and their appropriate use.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent organization, initiative, flexibility, and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- Being a collaborative colleague, working easily in a team environment while possessing the ability to work independently.
- Strong project and team management skills, including strong organization and note-taking skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team to implement cross-project, integrated marketing strategies is required.
- A high-level ability to think creatively, recall critical details, plan strategically, and execute tasks thoroughly is required.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021