Business Development Director
- Arlington, VA
JCDS has an immediate opportunity for a Business Development Director to lead the pursuit and capture of new business within the Department of Homeland Security. The Business Development Director is responsible for understanding customer requirements, building and managing pursuit teams, supporting the development of winning proposals.
Aptive is a high-energy, passionate team with a desire to succeed and drive management and digital transformation within the Federal sector. You will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through your own efforts and through the management of a matrixed support team.
This senior-level, full-time position is in Alexandria, VA and will require occasional travel up to 20%. This is an immediate hire position.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience selling management and IT solutions to government clients; or 12 years of experience working with systems integrators in the Federal Government market including 7 years’ experience in Business Development Management, Program Management/Administration, and/or Capture Management.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of Government IT services related experience or Master’s degree.
- Applicable industry certifications such as TBM, Shipley, ITIL, Agile or related.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies.
- Ability to work onsite in Alexandria, VA with occasional travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Lead and execute all business development and capture activities.
- Work with corporate executives to ensure growth activities produce expected results.
- Lead and execute the full life-cycle business development process through development of BD strategies, opportunity identification & development, and oversee & assist with producing winning proposals.
- Develop and manage a pipeline to ensure revenue meet/exceed the targeted growth.
- Lead and assist with capture activities, including the development of teaming strategies, identification of partners, both for prime and subcontract opportunities, ensuring Aptive has a strong mix between both streams of revenue.
- Drive consistency between the BD strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation, win theme’s), and shepherd actual content work managed by bid team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management).
- Address and develop solutions to remedy complex client issues involving interactions up to executive level and demonstrate meeting and negotiation techniques.
- Collaborate within the market sector to activate and stimulate BD channels and accelerates the definition of opportunities.
- Extensive network of Government and industry relationships with Homeland Security customers and major components including, but not limited to: The Department of Homeland Security Headquarters, CIS, The Federal Emergency Management Agency, US Customs and Border protection, and other operational and support components.
- Experience as an active “hands-on” leader in Business Development and/or Capture Management.
- Proven performance in breaking into new accounts and expanding business.
- Proven reputation of establishing and maintaining credibility and influencing senior levels of Government customers and Industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizations focused on execution and growth and build and sustain customer intimacy at the highest levels.
- Proven experience in pursuing and capturing new federal business, including building and leveraging relationships, developing effective teaming and win strategies, and writing winning proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and industry research analyses.
- Working knowledge of OASIS, GSA Schedules and other GWAC vehicles terms and conditions.
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARs.
Monday, July 13, 2020