Senior Project Manager
- Washington, DC
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects while ensuring customer requirements are met and expectations exceeded. The Technical Project Manager provides leadership, assures quality deliverables and makes technically sound recommendations based on industry-accepted best practices and management fundamentals.
- The candidate must have a PMP certificate of the Project Management Institute's (PMI) principles and proficient in using best practices for Project Management.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of business management and organizational theory, have experience leading teams, resource planning, Work Breakdown Structures, and process improvements using the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for IT Systems.
- Must be proficient in using current management techniques and tools such as Microsoft Project for Planning and Scheduling Work packages, and budgeting tools.
- The candidate must have experience in the Agile methodology and related management tools for Agile development operations (Confluence, Jira).
- This candidate must have excellent communication skills, positive motivation, and team building and leadership development.
- We are seeking someone who can influence both transformational and event driven changes by focusing on organization design, leadership, culture, change management, communications and training
- Coordinate and pro-actively engage with all stakeholders to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Coordinate subject matter expertise and support activities with other vendors, as required.
- Project Management Skills:
- The candidate must have knowledge of the project management disciplines as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills that involve the range of project management and its life cycle.
- The ability to apply a hybrid approach between traditional Project Management and the Agile Methodology.
- These include: Project Initiation.
- Develop the project charter, project management plan (and sub-plans)
- Work with Business Analyst to ensure adequate definition of the business requirements, project scope, goals and deliverables,
- Assemble and coordinate project staff in a matrixed organization, Project Planning, Develop and maintain project schedule baseline and subsequent changes,
- Develop high-level tasks using Agile methodology, Project Execution, Define and prioritize project tasks and resource requirements, Host and run daily scrum meetings and other team meetings. Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team, Develop testing methodologies for the Quality Assurance Plan
- Monitor and Control Project Plan, monitor and schedule project timelines
- Develop metrics reports to show corrective actions or improvements achieved, Monitor and report on progress of the project regularly
- Present dashboard reports defining project progress, issues, and resolutions, Implement and manage project changes to achieve project outputs
- Develop and present formal monthly financial and progress reports using standard NDi formats, Close Project
- Ensure all project artifacts are reviewed and accepted by customer, Ensure code repositories are identified and handed off with required documentation
- Evaluate project results and prepare a detailed project summary and lessons learned account for future reference.
- Technical Skills:
- PMP (required)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite and other management software to create dashboards and staffing analysis.
- Use of project-based Enterprise Resource Planning software, such as Unanet is desirable.
- Writing Skills:
- Proficiency to describe a summary of the financial status to articulate variations and impact.
- The ability to document business and functional requirements that can be clearly understood by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to clearly define purpose, scope, and deliverables for proposals submitted to current or potential customers.
- Proficiency with Software Life Development Cycle (SLDC) processes and Project Life Cycle processes.
Education and Experience:
Experience managing medium to large Programs that involve, Software Applications, Data Repositories, and IT operations programs or projects. Proficiency using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Tuesday, September 27, 2022