• Provide troubleshooting of hardware, software, and applications
• Coordinate with Tier 4 (Vendor Support) service providers for resolution of issues above the Tier 3 capability
• Support database migrations and consolidations (ad-hoc and scheduled)
• Oversee patch management process for the databases
• Responsible for metric reporting (ad-hoc and scheduled)
• Proactively assist in the stewardship of its IT capabilities and assets against any issues (reliability, performance, capacity planning, life-cycle management, etc.) that would diminish the mission, e.g., keeping aware of hardware end of life; licensing issues; risk mitigation practices, faulty equipment; software versioning and compatibility.
• Coordinate and collaborate with individuals, groups, branches, divisions, organizations (both internal and external) to include technical support teams, as required to facilitate changes, updates, hardening, optimization, reporting, consolidation, migrations, troubleshooting, and other events which would be required to keep the systems sound.
• Develop and/or maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all database systems.
• Conduct scheduled maintenance in accordance with the scheduled Maintenance Window.
• Oversee database replication, which may include the setup for new replication activities.
• Monitor and manage Oracle performance.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors of Science, Computer Science or related - 7 years' minimum experience
• Position reports to government location
Public Trust Clearance required U.S. Citizen