- Washington, DC
Technical Writer - Washington DC
**Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance**
JCDS is seeking a Technical Writer to support a data analytics project at a Federal Government client in Washington DC. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Coordinate and facilitate information gathering sessions with key stakeholders
- Synthesize information from disparate sources to determine similarities and differences and consolidate into coherent and comprehensive analysis
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information that uphold organizational standards, and allow for easy data tabulation and visualization.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms to standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Technical writer must have experience in the federal government sector
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Knowledge of data analysis.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences, including technical documents, guidance references, manuals, reports, operational procedures, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for public trust clearance.
Nice to have
- Experience with SAP, specifically Federal budget and financial modules
- Experience with Tableau
Tuesday, September 24, 2019