- Rockville, MD
.NET Developer – Rockville, MD
We are currently looking for a skilled Web Application Developer for building and maintaining a .NET Scientific application using the ASP.NET MVC pattern and Web Service technologies as part of the overall application architecture.
Successful candidates must be able to complete a Public Trust background check.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops/Configures/Maintains STARLIMS web applications using ASP .NET with Java script, SQL, STARLIMS Scripting language and Web Service technologies.
- Identifies and verifies business requirements by collaborating with customers and other team members.
- Designs user interface to meet stakeholder’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Performs software testing against functional requirements/specifications.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting projects.
- Follows the SDLC process to promote and release software applications.
- Documents system design, implementation artifacts and operation procedures.
- Assists in system administration and issue resolution.
- Provides training and assistance to user communities on supported applications.
- At least five (5) years of professional work experience.
- Experience with User Interface design using Web Forms.
- Experience with SQL and integrating data sources as part of application development.
- Experience with MS SQL Server Database (2008 and above), Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Windows Server (2012, 2016).
- Demonstrated ability to understand design and implement relational databases
- Demonstrated ability to understand and write complex queries
- Design and develop custom reports using Crystal Reports and MS. Office (including MS. Office automation).
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and patience working with many key stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively and have strong facilitation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Follow-up and follow-through on work products and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable initiative and teamwork abilities.
- Experience developing STARLIMS or any LIMS
- Experience in a Scientific Laboratory
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Thursday, March 5, 2020