Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Mc Lean, VA
The Talent Acquisition Specialist | Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, screening, and recommending candidates for review by our Project Managers (PMs) and/or Supervisors. He/she will identify opportunities to build our applicant database to ensure a robust candidate pool and build and partnerships with staffing agencies as appropriate.
- Consults with Project Managers (PMs) and/or Supervisors, on position descriptions, and requisition creation (if not already in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Serves as liaison between hiring managers and employment agencies by facilitating and scheduling of interviews.
- Oversees the interview process of agency candidates; aids employment agencies as needed and facilitates Q & A between hiring managers and employment agencies.
- Collaborates with the Contracts Manager and SVP Contracts to confirm candidate meets position requirements before an offer can be extended. Understanding of subcontractor and independent contractor resources.
- Responsible for reference checks and the validation of candidate certifications and education (where applicable).
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in weekly corporate and project management meetings.
- Tracks open and filled positions; prepares recruiting report to communicate updates to corporate and upper/executive management team on a weekly basis/as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring recruiting policies and procedures are current and documented for company audits and certification. Participates in audit/certification meetings.
- Responsible for Affirmative Action compliance and annual reporting; partners with HR Manager to ensure accuracy of data.
- Maintains and updates Applicant Tracking System (ATS) ensuring HR compliance, proper documentation and status for each candidate, job requisition and job listing. Add and remove applicant tracking system users as required.
- Establishes partnerships with universities; attends in-person/remote career fairs.
- Provides Accounting with required documentation to include employment agency candidate Scope of Work.
- Provides support to Business Development/Proposal efforts where needed.
- Understands FLSA exemption status, to be applied to job postings.
- Understands EEO Definitions, to be applied to job postings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative and work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adept to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates in Arts minimum required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field prefered, or equivalent work experience, required.
- HR Certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP and/or SHRM-SCP).
- 3-5 years' experience recruiting in a Federal Contractor environment.
Tuesday, May 3, 2022