Sr. Network Engineer (DOJ)
Description: JCDS seeks a Senior Network Engineer with 5+ years experience designing, installing and maintaining digital communication networks within a federal organization. The role supports the professional services which takes client project opportunities from vision/concept all the way through implementation. Projects are focused on Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, and Cloud technologies as well as software and services. This position will be responsible for identifying and implementing management, security and best practice improvements across managed client environments in Microsoft, firewall/switching/router/load balancer, and virtualization technologies. Strong writer and verbal communication skills are required as the position is customer facing in nature. The candidate will be part of the engineering team focusing on modernization of the LAN at 5 major customer sites and supporting other spoke sites.
• Extensive knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, GRE and BGP • Experience deploying and managing MPLS networks.
• Understanding of MetroEthernet (MEF) technologies and deployment methodologies
• Working knowledge of fiber optics and testing methodologies such as OTDR, OSA etc.
• Working knowledge of DWDM technologies, configurations, and designs.
• Knowledge of network address translation and policy based routing.
• Knowledge of IPSec. • Extensive knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+ etc).
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP and other basic protocols
• Knowledge of DNS, FTP • Knowledge of ACI, SDN, SD-WAN, SNMP
• Experience supporting secure enterprise wireless networks; including Aruba knowledge and experience
• Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure
• Familiarity with Cisco Telepresence on Tandberg hardware
• Familiarity with Websense, NetBrain, InfoBlox, Solarwind, Atlas, NetFlow, ArgoSec, Riverbed, Steeel head, Splunk/ArcSight, AWS or other
• Writing scripts to automate manual tasks and to streamline operational tasks.
• Experience in Implementing and Supporting applications load balancing using F5
• TM and GTM load balancing concepts
• Cloud Providers, F5 Load Balancers, Akamai Know and Akamai Prolexic and VPN technologies.
• Ability to generate and interpret packet traces via Sniffer, Wireshark, tcpdump, traceroute, and/or ping to diagnose and troubleshoot.
• Responsible for LAN & WAN • 24 x 7 support
• Knowledge of multicast routing protocols such as PIM as well as IGMPv1, v2 and v3.
• Knowledge of IPv6, IPV4
• Knowledge of firewall technologies and the ability to generate rule sets.
• Knowledge of wireless Ethernet technologies (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.1x) a plus.
• User level working knowledge of Windows, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux or CentOS Linux a plus.
• Understanding of network topologies
• Creating firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected
• Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
• Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management
• Implementing disaster recovery procedures
• Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems
• Establishing wireless networks,
• Developing digital communication networks on premises and connections to cloud presence,
• Improving cyber-security
Day to day management and operation of: • Cisco 450X , 3850 , Nexus 55XX and 7700 switches and Cisco 6800 routers • Cisco 370X wireless access points and 550X controllers. • F5 Load Balancer
• Experience working in a Cisco Environment Experience with Cisco Integrated Service Engine
• Experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
• Experience with Azure Express Routes • Experience with AWS Direct connects
Certifications: • Cisco Certifications preferred. CCNA • Connects Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) required • Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) preferred
Education & Experience: • Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or related • 5 years' minimum experience Must obtain Public Trust Clearance U.S. Citizen