- Washington, DC
Description: The Technical Writer will support a project management organization managing a portfolio of IT investments for the federal government. The writer will use and update existing methods to provide documentation, status reports, ad-hoc reports, meeting minutes, deliverables, and briefings.
Responsibilities: The Candidate will work with internal and external teams to write and produce easy-to-understand, high-quality documentation that contributes to the acceptance of deliverables and products developed across the program.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and 8 years of relevant experience preparing MS Office Word and PowerPoint documentation.
- Must have the ability in writing requirements for testing, writing for project management plans and write policy and procedure documents.
- Must work with a team of business analysts, financial analysts, and technical teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of documentation requirements and the products to be produced.
- Candidate will develop and write easy-to-understand job aids and tutorials to help guide end-users on the processes performed across varying program functional areas.
- Candidate will write documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience and manage all work products related to project performance and program requirements.
- The candidate will develop processes and manage documentation related to project performance, program requirements and meeting minutes.
- Ability to identify which documentation options are appropriate for each project type.
- Must have experience with maintaining large document repositories.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize concurrent activities within deadline-driven climate.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and illustrations.
- Produce high-quality documentation and meeting minutes appropriate for its intended audience.
- Ability to analyze existing content for reuse and leveraging of content to include in documentation of like deliverables.
- Excellent written skills in English, strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with User and IT community.
- Excellent document management skills, able to manage input from a variety of team members while standardizing the language and format while maintaining positive version control.
- Maintain comments tracking matrices on all documents.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of document production and generate schedules and assignments for writers.
- Ability to create and update content based on templates and existing documents.
- 8 years of experience producing management briefings, project status reports and meeting minutes.
- Expert with Microsoft Office; especially Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Highly proficient in using MS Teams and MS SharePoint.
Note: Candidate must score 80% or better on a timed document editing test. The test will cover grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting, and the ability to distil complex topics into easy to read English.
- B.A. or B.S. in: English, Journalism, History, Political Science Communications, or Other relevant degree (6 years of relevant experience is equivalent to a degree).
Friday, October 29, 2021