Senior Communications Lead
- Falls Church, VA
Communications Lead – Falls Church, VA
JCDS is seeking a Senior communications Plans and Operations Lead to support the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Strategic Communications Office. The individual will be responsible for deliberate and crisis communications planning and high visibility plans and the integration and synchronization of plans and execution of communications tactics. The candidate will oversee all work by account managers/planners and manage special projects and programs.
This senior-level, full-time position is in Falls Church, VA. This is a contingent hire position.
- 10 years of experience creating dynamic communications plans for a variety of topics and leading a diverse team of communications professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, training, education or a related area of study.
- Ability to work onsite in Falls Church, VA.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Experience in integrated strategic communications plans, operations, media relations, internal communications and strategic outreach.
- Experience in writing and coordinating Public Affairs Guidance (PAG).
- Experience in overseeing analytics and analyzing the impact of communications.
- Experience with organizing and assigning responsibilities to subordinates (including subcontractors).
- Writing deliberate and crisis communications plans.
- Overseeing the execution of tactics related to communications plans.
- Overseeing planning staff and account managers to ensure plans are executed on required timelines.
- Identify innovative and creative ways to enhance the delivery of the communications missions.
- Ability to write effective strategic communication plans and serve as account manager on multiple ongoing efforts.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Experience with the Department of Defense, preferably the Military Health System.
Thursday, March 5, 2020