Strategic Communications Project Manager
- Rockville, MD
Project Manager – Remote/Rockville, MD
- Developing, planning for, and managing outreach and partnership strategies and activities in support of a national communication campaign.
- Initiating, overseeing, and maintaining the development of stakeholder and partnership relationships.
- Offering insights, recommendations and plans of action for future direction of outreach programs so they maximize effectiveness of services provided.
- Communication and coordination with federal clients, project and creative staff and teams, and subcontractors.
- Monitoring digital outreach and marketing efforts via multiple distribution channels and measuring their impact to help ensure the digital content is reaching the target audience segments.
- Overseeing, developing, and directing staff in the creation of detailed reports and strategic plans.
- Initiating enhancements to program initiatives, data collection, summarization, and presentation.
- Leading the planning and execution of approved activities.
- Ensuring data collection and presentation is in accordance with project guidelines.
- Managing program plans and schedules to ensure availability of materials, supplies, equipment, and subject matter experts to augment outreach initiatives.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- B.S. or B.A. degree in communications, marketing, public health, or an applicable field of study, plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience, or equivalent education or experience.
- Proven work experience as an outreach coordinator.
- Existing relationships with national, regional and local health and/or patient advocacy organizations.
- Previous success supporting or leading public health, clinical trial, health literacy or medical efforts.
- Demonstrated experience with local, state, and/or national public health agencies (e.g. HHS, public health departments), and health care delivery systems is a plus.
- Understanding of essential public health functions and policies, including a lens to serving Hispanic and other multicultural populations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and in a variety of situations, including consensus building and activation.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong ability to develop and execute work plans, manage multiple projects, and prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a relationship-building orientation.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic; eager to learn and engage with complex systems and processes.
- Outstanding proficiency, knowledge and proven track record of performance using Microsoft Office suite of programs and other tools required for data collection, analysis and presentation.
- High level of detail orientation and follow through.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021