Oracle DB Specialist
- Suitland, MD
Oracle Developer/Tuning Specialist – Suitland, MD
The Database Specialist will be a key member of a team responsible of troubleshooting and performing tuning of applications programs running on Oracle servers in Linux environments. Success in this role will require knowledge in the following technology or product areas:
- Oracle performance optimization
- Oracle database technology
- Oracle database administration skills
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL application development
- Design, Develop and implement complex database processes with PL/SQL containing batch or ETL functionality
- Develop PL/SQL procedure, function and packages
- Assist the development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications
- Support users and application developers in SQL, PL/SQL tuning and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of application code and facilitate application monitoring
- Support Oracle applications performance Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Utilize Oracle troubleshooting, monitoring tools such as OEM to identify application performance bottlenecks and drive them to resolution.
- Provide applications production deployment and support to Oracle DB servers, monitor and tune up performance as needed
- Ensures that application design is scalable and maintainable.
- Maintain effective working relationships with project team and customers and third party service providers.
- Provide 24 X 7 support during peak production times
- 10 + years of Oracle Database Development experience
- Strong Experience developing queries, procedures, packages and reports using SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong Experience performing SQL and PL/SQL tuning Strong Experience with Linux including shell scripting
- Strong experience with performance analysis with large data sets
- Proficiency in diagnosing performance issues across application tiers.
- Strong experience of physical and logical database design
- Strong experience with Oracle application performance tuning tools.
- Highly proficient in core DBA spanning multiple releases like 11g , 12C
- Ability to anticipate and pro-actively manage issues before they become major problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
- Should have experience & ability to work with various teams to resolve performance issues.
- Proactive Code Reviews and follow-ups to communicate best practices.
- Experience with Oracle RAC is a plus
- Experience with Exadata is a plus
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Knowledge of ORACLE Weblogic server and other fusion middleware tools
- Knowledge of FISMA and NIST security standards
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- 10+ years of related experience.
Friday, July 19, 2019