- Washington, DC
Communications Specialist – Washington DC
This individual will provide strategic guidance, produce marketing collateral, execute internal and external communications outreach programs, develop news and information products, and manage various marketing projects for the Office of Communications.
- Provide support to a Federal client through management of strategic communications, messaging, creative production, and content development
- Synthesize complex program initiatives and policies to create messaging for industry, stakeholders, and the flying public
- Drive conceptualization, design and development of marketing and branding of Agency’s initiatives including event experiences, talking points, website content, video scripts, social media messaging, and other multi-media assets
- Communicate client requirements to design and development team, manage production schedule, and delivery of collateral
- Drive client expectations, resources, design and production schedule to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Ensure communications materials are up-to-date and reflect the organization’s current policies
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, Communications, Marketing, Information Systems or equivalent degree; BS + 5 years’ experience required
- 2-4 years’ experience working in marketing & communications outreach with functional emphasis on web communications, writing, editing, advertising, and/or digital media (e.g., web communications, social media, online journalism & editorial, rich Internet applications, mobile communications, online advertising).
- Excellent writing skills with experience writing and editing strategic communications, marketing collateral and web content.
- Skilled in coordinating and managing web communications and marketing projects.
- Web experience should include understanding, embracing and using social media (FB, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) and new media technologies and techniques.
- A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to effectively manage their time, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Preferred but not required skills include an understanding of Usability and User Experience principles, knowledge of web analytics, and experience with web page design.
Thursday, February 28, 2019