- Rockville, MD
Media Buyer – Remote/Rockville, MD
- Developing and implementing paid and earned media strategy. Executing and optimizing media buying campaigns across channels including Google Ads, paid social, native ad platforms, DSPs, out-of-home, and additional partners/vendors.
- Providing strategic direction and managing the development/execution of media plans for various campaigns, programs, and initiatives.
- Measuring/reporting performance of media buying campaigns, and assessing performance against all stated goals/objectives.
- Planning and identifying effective media mix combinations (i.e., earned, owned, and paid) based on targeted audiences, media buying trends and insights; as well as, optimizing spending or other outreach tactics based on these insights.
- Monitoring the media marketplace to stay abreast of trends, identifying opportunities and emerging issues, and understanding new technologies and stakeholder reaction.
- Pursuing new business opportunities and added-value programs via media partnerships. Infusing the Media Service Center with innovation and a strategic vision.
- Developing and sharing best practices company-wide for earned media planning, buying and outreach.
- Identifying unique earned and paid media outreach opportunities for internal/external clients.
- Negotiating directly with vendors and overseeing media vendor relationships/contractual agreements.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- 8+ years Public Relations/Communications, Earned and Paid Media buying experience.
- Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Media Communications, or Marketing a plus.
- Proven track record developing and implementing successful earned and paid media campaigns at local/national levels.
- Self-starter and resourceful problem solver who can inspire others within a complex matrix environment.
- Superior written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on national programs, initiatives, and activities.
- Experience optimizing the effectiveness of earned media outreach strategies and activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish rapport, credibility and strong working relationships.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to and persuade internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct media/market research and craft thoughtful analyses and insights.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021