- Washington, DC
Budget Analyst – Washington DC
JCDS is seeking a Budget Data Analyst to support a data analytics project at a Federal Government client in Washington DC. They will help analyze data, provide reports, and coach business stakeholders for our project at a federal agency. The agency is located in Washington, DC.
**Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance**
- Create business value through technology and ensure tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with business goals.
- Understand processes of developing Federal budgets; can identify budget discrepancies and analyze financial reports for client.
- Ensure the organization’s budget adheres to legal regulations
- Discuss current budget formulation and execution processes with key stakeholders across the agency.
- Synthesize feedback for both functional and technical requirements from key stakeholders
- Draws insight from the agencies' data and can tell stories about the data to communicate that insight.
- Develops integrated data sources, spreadsheets, reports, dashboards and presentations.
- Builds and publishes customized interactive reports and dashboards that can be integrated into Web-based application.
- Communicates complex topics to the team through both written and oral communications.
- Create mock-up layout design and wireframes using visualization features available in Tableau
- Create dashboards and report with Tableau parameter, association, action and math concepts.
- Good in data Storytelling and chart optimization, using large amounts of data.
- Ability to convert business requirement into meaningful and explanatory visualization
- Provide Tableau coaching to business stakeholders using Tableau desktop.
- At least 3 to 5 years of Data Analyst experience with Budgets and data visualization
- Proven experience as budget analyst and reports.
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Understanding of budgeting and regulatory requirements
- Excellent mathematical ability and an analytical mind
- Experience with Tableau.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Access databases;
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users and ensures the subject area is accurately represented.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computational background and some experience with financial analysis or relevant field.
- US Citizen and able to pass an extensive background investigation for a Public Trust clearance.
Nice to Have
- Experience with SAP, specifically Federal budget and financial modules
Tuesday, September 24, 2019