Java Developer (Entry Level)
- McLean, VA
Java Developer (Junior) – McLean, VA
JCDS is seeking a Java Developer. The Java Developer will be supporting the our Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Center of Excellence (COE) project. This position will be located in McLean, Virginia. In this project, our client develops, manages, and maintains a grants system that processes billions in grants annually. The Grants Center of Excellence (GrantsSolutions.gov, becoming GS.gov) was one of three such centers chosen by OMB to cross-service grant-making agencies. We recently integrated the Mandatory Grants Module into COE to support formula, block, and entitlement grants. The Java Developer will work closely with the program office to verify and validate the design standard and guide them towards best practices in System Architectures.
- Perform application development and support.
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Interpret and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design.
- Master and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc).
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration).
- Recognize problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization.
- Design modification and execution of solution.
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems.
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Conduct data quality and data management.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts.
- Conduct disaster recovery testing.
- Provide support of critical production issues.
- Work well on small, high-performing teams.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in associated discipline.
- Minimum 2 years Java related work experience.
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring.
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Monday, February 4, 2019