Healthcare Project Specialist
- Washington, DC
Healthcare Project Specialist – REMOTE/Washington DC
JCDS is seeking a Clinical SME Project Specialist with demonstrated experience in a clinical discipline, a thorough comprehension of hospital clinical and business operations, and experience with clinical informatics.
In this role, the Specialist will provide hands-on clinical subject matter expertise for technology deployment and business process assessment projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interviewing and observing clinical and administrative staff members and be able to collect, analyze and prepare reports of findings and executive presentations.
This senior-level, full-time position is in Washington, DC and includes some telework days. (Please note: this position is fully remote until social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 have been lifted.)
- 10 years of work experience; 5 years of which were within a health care environment as an accredited, credentialed, and/or certified provider of clinical services (e.g., registered nurse, therapist, LPN, social worker, biomedical engineer).
- Master’s degree in a related field of study.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Ability to work onsite occasionally in Washington, DC (after COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are lifted).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Lead in-person discussions with clinicians and third-party teams (e.g., operations, administrative, vendor, technology) to determine the existing environments and purpose, functionality, usability, and user adoption of new initiatives and implemented solutions.
- Document existing and future state clinical workflows and to determine the impacts of implementing a new system or process.
- Identify areas for improvement with cross-functional teams utilizing reporting and/or analytics.
- Interview project stakeholders from all levels to understand strategic, business, operational and/or clinical needs and requirements, as well as how their supporting technology tools operate and interact.
- Thorough understanding of the clinical healthcare environment.
- Strong hands-on analytical, project management, and communication skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
Monday, July 13, 2020