Senior GIS Engineer
- Washington, DC
GIS Developer - Remote/DC
**This position is primarily remote but may require your attendance at occasional meetings in the Washington DC area.**
**This is a contract to hire role**
- Install configure and monitor GIS software
- Create , modify, and maintain custom scripts and routines for GIS processes automation and applications.
- Spatial data management and Oracle database management.
- Participate in EIM data and design reviews
- Use Jira and other software management tools to track requirements and development status
- Use FAA DevOps tools to prepare code for deployment
- Provide web based reports
- Strong Python development skills, including automation, managing environments and packages.
- Experience using GIT versioning system to manage branches, features, and bug fixes
- Experience with the following Python packages: Pandas, Esri's ArcGIS Python API, Esri's arcpy site package
- Fluent translating and manipulating data in a wide variety of geospatial vector and raster formats
- Strong familiarity with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online, including data access and devops patterns in each
- Understanding of different types of web services in ArcGIS Enterprise / Online and how / why each might be used
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro in designing and publishing services (map, feature, geoprocessing, geocoding, tile, etc)
- Experience with PostGIS and Esri's enterprise geodatabases, including ArcGIS and open-source patterns for interacting with each
- Able to work independently
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer science or related discipline + 15 years' experience
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain Public Trust Tier 2S clearance.
- This position is currently remote, but it will require on site presence in Washington, DC for specific meetings or events.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023