- Springfield, VA
Java Developer – Northern Virginia (multiple locations)
As a Java Developer, you will assist in developing open source solutions, participate in design reviews, conduct code reviews, create test plans and participate in testing reviews, and resolve moderate defects. This position will help in supporting the designs, documents, reviews, and maintenance of the components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
The role operates in an Agile / Scrum environment and requires a solid understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
- Researches, and assist in the development, and/or participates in hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of large enterprise applications. This includes troubleshooting production issues, deploying application and configuration components, automation and upgrade.
- Assist in the documentation for testing and maintenance of system corrections, that will automate tasks and assist in reporting.
- Assist in production support of business applications: start and stop of application instances; troubleshoot application failures and diagnosing performance or reliability issues of applications; assisting application teams in the use of custom support tools.
Location: Fairfax, VA
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of degree.
- At least 1 years of experience in Java /J2EE development, concurrency, middleware, and/or distributed computing.
- At least 1 year of experience with Spring MVC framework.
- At least 1 year of WebServices (SOAP/REST).
- Ability to do troubleshooting.
- Good communications skills in both writing and verbal.
- Must be a US citizen, candidates must be able and willing to get a clearance or have at least an Interim DoDSecret.
Nice to Have:
- At least 1 years of experience with Agile Methodologies and SDLC.
- At least 1 years of MongoDB or other Relational Databases.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments and being a part of a smaller team.
- Experience with open-source environments, especially in cloud environments.
Monday, September 30, 2019