- Bethesda, MD
Development Manager – Remote/Bethesda, MD
The primary responsibilities of a Development Manager are focused on working with teams and management for programming needs, in addition to writing, updating and maintaining computer programs for related projects. This position needs hands on expertise on the programming languages and also expected to gain knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Communicate with other team members and management team regarding programming needs and performance.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Review changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Coach, Mentor and guide software developers on the team.
- Translate requirements into code, process, and implementation strategies.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Write, analyze, review, maintain and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Develop database complex database queries with LINQ to SQL or with direct queries.
- Develop front-end multi-tenant applications with ReactJS, NodeJS
- Actively participate in spring planning and backlog grooming.
- Perform code reviews with team members to promote quality and shared knowledge within the development framework.
- Provide hand-off to QA including but not limited to non-functional testing requirements and clarification of items that may have not otherwise been identified during backlog grooming.
- Consult with management, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Provide a climate for motivation and support
- Demonstrated experience in project development from inception to deployment
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently.
- String logical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as ability to learn complicated systems.
- Experience working on complex queries, dynamic stored procedures, SQL views, functions and triggers.
- Proven effectiveness with debugging, root-cause analysis and troubleshooting system and application issues.
- Minimum of six (8) years of experience
- Solid understanding and hands-on professional experience with Visual Studio, ASP.NET/CORE 4.0, C#, ReactJS, and RDBMS/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of MVC 3 Architecture / Framework.
- Strong knowledge of APIs, web services, service-oriented design patterns as well as canonical data models
- Good knowledge of front-end UI development with HTML5.
- Experience with writing script-based unit tests.
- Experience with Pipelines, CI/CD, Ansible Code.
- Demonstrated experience with architecting the React Apps that can be scaled easily.
- Experience with Implementing Unit Test Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field*
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading a software development team.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development related organization.
- Experience with working In Agile/Kanban methodology.
- Ability and desire to add value in a highly innovative and empowering setting.
- Willingness to work closely with client(s) to achieve understanding of client’s needs.
- Possess appropriate business knowledge.
- Exercise overall independent judgement and discretion
- Prioritize, plan and track project processes.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience appropriately escalating issues to management as necessary/needed
Tuesday, June 15, 2021