Senior Video Producer
- Alexandria, VA
Senior Video Producer/ Editor – Alexandria, VA
JCDS is seeking a talented Senior Video Producer/Editor (Preditor) to join our creative team. In this role, you will bring creative collaboration, editing and videography to support content across multiple client projects.
You will utilize your creativity and technical skills to concept, produce, shoot and edit video for a range of innovative products. Your expertise in video production and understanding of social media content optimization will be key in this position. Your ability to translate a creative brief into a concept and final deliverable and work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team environment is highly desired.
This senior-level, full-time role is located in Alexandria, VA with occasional telework. This is an immediate hire position.
- 8 to 10 years of video, editing and production experience in a studio, agency and/or production house environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Video, Production, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Communications or related field.
- Ability to work onsite at least three days per week in Alexandria, VA.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Strong creative reel and/or portfolio required.
- Manage all aspects of video production and development, pre-production, production and post, including writing, shooting, editing, selecting stock music and sound effects.
- Ability to train and mentor Associate Producer/Editor on video production and shooting techniques.
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Art Director and Project Teams to define video project requirements, objectives and scope.
- Shoot a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and in a studio environment, including documentary pieces/case studies, commercial-style shoots, and long-form videos.
- Create reels, marketing pieces, promos and day-to-day social videos for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as on-site videographer and/or photographer to capture footage from clients, external and internal events, and conferences.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate ideas into compelling stories.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, Adobe Creative Suite, non-linear editing, audio mixing, and color correction/grading.
- Technical knowledge of studio production and location shooting/set-up including gear (camera, lighting, sound/audio equipment, etc.)
- Understanding of video pipeline, logging shots, tagging shots, organizing and managing footage
- Strong project-management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Understanding of 508-compliance, accessibility testing, tools and standards (Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act).
Monday, March 9, 2020