Communications and Marketing Specialist
- Washington, DC
Communications and Marketing Specialist
The Communications and Marketing Specialist will be responsible for leading the strategic and tactical execution of the marketing/communications activities of FAA's social collaboration and engagement program, as well as management of the user experience of the IdeaHub application. This role will support the social collaboration and engagement program's activities, including operational support for interagency and agency-based meetings, engaging executive leadership, ideation counseling, and program presentations. The Communications and Marketing Specialist updates the program's intranet web pages using a Content Management System (CMS) and provides content strategy, web design and development for the program's internal communications channels. This role is the point of contact for IdeaHub users and provides daily operations and communications support. The Communications and Marketing Specialist is also responsible for the management of the Windows Lock Screen program, another effective communication tool.
- •Product management of the IdeaHub employee ideation application. Duties include acting as point of contact between the Development team and Department of Transportation (DOT), managing and training users, and providing daily operational and communications support to IdeaHub users and DOT. Make recommendations and write requirements for future upgrades and enhancements to the tool.
- •Evaluates and pilots tools for social collaboration and provides recommendations and feedback to program office.
- •Provides strategic marketing communication guidance to social collaboration and engagement program utilizing online, print and stakeholder communications tools.Provides support to program manager and program team lead on presentations, reports and audience analysis.
- •Provides guidance and design to maintain and develop the program's internal communication channels (FAAInnovates, Executive talking points, etc.) Updating the program's intranet site and counseling client about strategic content and communication channels.
- •Engages executive leadership during meetings and following up with timely calls to action.
- •Co-hosts meetings and manages the operational side of meetings (conference bridge, eBook presentation, technology set up, etc.)
- •Manages an online editorial calendar and workflow process for the Windows Lock Screen program.
- •Manages the MyFAA Profile service, ensuring employee profiles are compliant with FAA policy.
- •Skilled in web communications and marketing with demonstrated history of project management in those areas.
- •Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience writing and editing web content and strategic communications. Writing samples are required.
- •Experience and understanding of web usability, plain language, web design and User Experience (UX) principles, accessibility for the web. A working knowledge of web design and web development is required.
- •Experience in delivering web metrics reports and providing analysis using the data
- •A working knowledge of web branding concepts and ad copywriting.
- •Web experience should include understanding, embracing and using social media, new media technologies and techniques.
- •A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to work under pressure with strong time management skills and able to quickly deliver on tight timelines. Must have strong customer service and client relation skills.
Education: A Bachelor's of Science degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, Communications, Marketing, Information Systems or equivalent degree.
Experience: 8 years’ experience working in digital media (e.g., web communications, social media, online journalism & editorial, rich Internet applications, mobile communications, online advertising) with functional emphasis on marketing & communications outreach, web communications, writing, editing, advertising, and publishing.
Clearance:Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Friday, October 25, 2019