- Washington, DC
Java Developer – Washington DC
Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices. Duties will include leading and directing software development teams in creating new programs and testing newly installed programs to verify functionality; regular consultations with clients concerning software; writing reports on development progress and presenting those reports to senior management; mentoring junior staff members on Java and other system technologies and techniques; leading or participating in system architecture specification and design.
The Developer performs software development and maintenance tasks assigned under the guidance of the Project Manager. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Develop applications that are deployed to the J2EE application server and AEM 6.3+ environment
- Assess existing source code and adapt to meet current requirements,
- Support production environment with resolving application errors,
- Assist on team activities to analyze and improve system performance,
- Use version control system to manage software code,
- Enforce application development standards and best practices,
- Update design documentation, if required as part of correcting production issues,
- Adhere to the agile methodologies Software Development Life Cycle.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements,
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for department manager and
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed,
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned, with review,
- Consults with Quality Assurance and business analysts in the development and execution of test
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems,
- Makes application changes and resolves incidents and problems according to established
policies & procedures.
Considerable skill and expertise in software development. Extensive time and resource management
skills. Familiar with technology governance and best practice.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- Java andJ2EE experience
- Works well within AGILE project management methodology.
- 7+ years engineering experience with enterprise applications.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS markup and dynamic markup (jsp, asp, php)
- Past experience with enterprise CMS (AEM, Drupal, Joomla, Vignette, SharePoint...)
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Model View Controller paradigm
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to have:
- 2+ years’ experience implementing solutions on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) with multiple implementations preferred.
- Experience with Apache Jackrabbit and/or Apache Sling
- Knowledge of JCR spec, Java Content Repository
- Experience with Apache Maven
- Experience with hierarchical/XML based storage system
Education: A Bachelor Of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering Math or related field
Certification: 15+ years of experience
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Thursday, April 25, 2019