Senior Data Analyst
- Washington, DC
Senior Data Analyst – REMOTE/Washington DC
JCDS is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst with a strong background in healthcare business process modeling, and data and informatics related activities.
Bring your expertise in in working with healthcare data on access to care data, patient experience, and quality outcome measures to perform business and clinical process modeling, data analysis and data visualization. In this role, you’ll collaborate with various stakeholders to identify the current and future state of technology and process improvement initiatives within VA healthcare settings.
The ideal candidate will also be experienced and comfortable with interviewing project stakeholders from all levels of an organization to understand strategic business and clinical operations needs and requirements, as well as how the supporting systems operate and interact.
This mid- to senior-level, full-time position is in Washington, DC and includes some telework days. (Please note: this position is fully remote until social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 have been lifted.)
- 6 to 8 years of related experience working with data sets on projects within a healthcare clinical or operational environment, with a specialized focus on business and clinical process modeling, data analysis and data visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Experience manipulating datasets with at least one modern programming language or business intelligence platform (Python, SAS, MATLAB, C++, R, Java, SQL, PL/SQL) preferred.
- Must be proficient in Tableau, PowerBI, Excel or equivalent.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Ability to work onsite in Washington, DC (after COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are lifted).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- In-depth knowledge of VHA Systems and files (strongly preferred).
- Obtain data through advanced computerized models.
- Extrapolate data patterns through advanced algorithms.
- Develop simple graphs and charts to explain how the mathematical information will influence the specific project or business.
- Present how to best alter business models to generate profitable future trends.
- Comfortable working with various departments to extract data, analyze the data, understand database relationships, and build customized reports/dashboards
- Experience in logically organizing data into customized reports and dashboards utilizing technology tools such as Excel, Tableau, Access, Pyramid etc.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop action plans
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the detailed steps of operational processes and flow of data
- In-depth knowledge of VHA Systems and files, such as: Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW); Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA); VHA Support Service Center (VSSC); VHA Reports and Measurement Portal (RAMP); Patient Treatment File (PTF) (MedSAS); Managerial Cost Accounting (MCA) System; Primary Care Management Module (PCMM); The National Patient Care Database (NPCD); Veterans Services Network Corporate Mini Master File (VETSNET File)
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
Monday, July 13, 2020