- Springfield, VA
Java Developer - Springfield VA
JCDS is looking for a hands-on JAVA Developer. As a Java Developer you will assist in developing open source solutions, participate in design reviews, conduct code reviews, create test plans and participate in testing reviews, and resolve moderate defects. This position will help in supporting the designs, documents, reviews, and maintenance of the components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
The role operates in an Agile / Scrum environment and requires a solid understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
- Researches, and assist in development, and/or participates in hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of large enterprise applications. This includes troubleshooting production issues, deploying application and configuration components, automation and upgrade.
- Assist in documentation for testing and maintenance of system corrections, that will automate tasks and assist in reporting.
- Assist in production support of business applications: start and stop of application instances; trouble shoot application failures, and diagnosing performance or reliability issues of applications; assisting application teams in the use custom support tools.
Location: Springfield, VA
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in Java /J2EE development, concurrency, middleware, and/or distributed computing.
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile Methodologies and SDLC.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments and being a part of a large IT department/team.
- Experience and strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with open source environments, especially in the cloud environments.
- Ability to do troubleshooting.
- Good communications skills in both writing and verbal.
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information at a Top Secret Level.
Wednesday, July 24, 2019