Technical Agile Coach
- Alexandria, VA
Technical Agile Coach – Alexandria, VA
JCDS is currently seeking an experienced Technical Agile Coach to join our client’s team supporting a federal government agency.
**Please note that this position requires US Citizenship**
- Work with the customer and the Agile team to align to new development methods, engineering practices, development patterns and delivery planning using methods and practices such as BDD, XP, TDD, DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Provide stellar support to guiding and facilitate the Agile engineers on Agile technical best practices and emerging technology and tools.
- Facilitate the Agile teams’ technical capabilities within the agency focusing on components for code development, automated testing and frameworks, continuous delivery/continuous integration.
- Provide technical coaching support to promote technical best practices through paired programming, knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
- Participate in the development of Agile Foundational Processes & Practices and evaluate technical standards and policy to provide recommendations and assist with the implementation of those technical standards throughout the IT organization.
- Assist the IT programs and organizations to identify technical solutions that will the increase the agency’s resilience to cyber risks and assist in applying and adapting cybersecurity solutions within the organizations Agile framework.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, education, guidance and instruction for documentation for the organization’s evolving technical platform, automation framework, and emerging technology.
- Provide assistance to program personnel in applying and adapting technical concepts, platforms and frameworks throughout the organization.
- Mentor & train Agile practitioners in Scaled Agile (SAFe) competencies & practices
- Actively promote Organizational Change Management efforts to ensure successful implementation & adoption of Agile Transformation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study, Master’s Degree in a technical or business discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Lead, or Technical Agile Coach and development experience
- Certified in one or more of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, CSM, CSPO, SAFe SPC (SPC) Certification,SAFe®4 DevOpsPractitioner Certification
- Excellent and precise interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of of mentoring/coaching engineers as an Agile Technical Coach or DevOps coach
- 2+ years of work in the DevOps, CI/CD space (Pipelines, Test automation)
- 5+ years of working in Agile using methods such as BDD, TDD, XP, Scrum & Kanban
Hands On Experience with the following:
- Modern Object Oriented development languages (Java, Python, Ruby, or similar)
- Communication Tools (Slack, HipChat, Confluence, or similar)
- Scripting languages (bash, shell, ansible, chef, puppet, or similar)
- Source Control Management Systems (All major GIT variations)
- Ticket/Defect tracking Systems (JIRA, Rally, or similar tools)
- Build Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar tools)
- Deployment Automation Systems (Jenkins, Urbancode Deploy, or similar tools)
- Automated Testing/Quality (SonarQube, Cucumber, JUnit, and similar tools
Thursday, February 27, 2020