- Springfield, VA
Systems Administrator - Springfield VA
JCDS is looking for a Middleware System Administrator, who will support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services. Candidate will be developing deploying and supporting infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Candidates will support the technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications. This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. This position will require and be responsible for the management of, monitoring the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
The administrator will provide key input into technical designs for a variety of projects. Responsible for the implementation of all changes to Middleware components, from a request for change or project initiation through to deployment and review to support the continued availability, effectiveness and risk compliance of the infrastructure. They will take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements, and meeting client needs.
- Reporting to leadership on the Middleware team activities
- Implementing complex changes to the infrastructure
- Building and creating products and services
- Supporting solutions that meet the requirements
- Preparing documentation that explains the technical solution clearly
- Maintaining or enhancing systems infrastructure components and services to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state
- Building technical expertise
- Responding to incidents according to the government approved Incident Response Plan
- Providing 24x7x365 integration support for all Middleware components (including networking) and OIT supported applications interfaces, including but not limited to MQ/Data Power support products (commercial-off-the-shelf and proprietary)
Location: Springfield, VA
- 3-6 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
- 2 years’ of experience in incident, problem and change management.
- 2 years of experience working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment
- 1–2 years of working in Redhat and AIX Linux platforms
- 1-2 years’ experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology
- 1-2 years of experience with Weblogic platform
- 3 years of experience working on high visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program
- 1-2 years of scripting skills using WLST, Shell script, Python
- 1-year of experience using Change Management tools such as Remedy
- 1-year of experience working with Atlassian suite of products to manage projects
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability for CBP clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server & WebSphere Portal preferred, but can be substituted by training
- Experience with Apache Tomcat preferred
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as OEM, AppD preferred
Friday, March 8, 2019