- Silver Spring, MD
Acquisition Specialist – Silver Spring, MD
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) provides timely access to global environmental data from satellites and other means to promote, protect and enhance the Nation's security, economy, and environment. NOAA is an agency that enriches life through science. As the Acquisition Specialist, you will provide support in all phases of the contract acquisition life-cycle. The support will include pre-award planning, preparation of procurement packages and acquisition plans. You will be expected to become an expert in the use of the Contract Management Tool, a database that stores and maintains all of NOAA's contract files and actions.
You will also be responsible for the following activities when required:
- Assist with pre-award and post-award planning and requirements documentation to include market research (exchanges with industry, Sources Sought, Request for Information) and possibly reach out to vendors, when needed.
- Assist with preparing procurement packages including acquisition plans, Statement of Works/Performance Work Statements, Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Determination and Findings, Small Business Review, IT Checklists, Justifications for Other Than Full and Open Competition (JOFOC).
- Assist with Interagency Agreements (IAAs) to include drafting the Part A & B, Best Interest Determination, Determination and Findings, and routing and tracking through the review and approval process as outlined in the NESDIS Procedures and the Commerce Acquisition Manual.
- Present, or assist in presenting, acquisition planning documentation for higher-level reviews and approvals.
- Use applicable acquisition systems in support of creating or submitting procurement packages.
- Maintain pre and post-award files and documentation in accordance with the applicable statute, regulation, and DOC/NOAA policy.
- Assist with updating the OSGS Contract/Budget Tool and maintain contract spreadsheets.
- Obtain applicable contract documents from program office representatives.
- Prepare all invoice packages for submission to NOAA Finance Office.
- Assist with security requirements (i.e.: ensuring new contractors submit required documents for background checks and security vetting to obtain the required badging/CAC).
- Attend meetings with clients and customers within NOAA.
- Assist with other acquisition functions to include accessing procurement and financial reporting systems as necessary.
- A 4-year degree in a business-related field with at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, qualitative methods, or organization and management and at least 5 years of experience in procurement and contracts.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020