Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Washington, DC
The position works under the direction of the federal client’s Business Intelligence (BI) program. The specific duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in data visualization and BI including but not limited to knowledge of advanced features of Tableau.
- Support and train users at the client-level to implement best practices in Tableau, including developing and delivering content in a classroom setting
- Work with client staff to develop visualization requirements. Develop or support development of dashboards, visualizations and reports based on those requirements.
- Manage BI related user requests
- Field business-related questions through exploratory data analysis and ad-hoc reporting.
- Identify relevant data sources, and manipulate and prepare data for reporting and analysis
- Extract and integrate data from multiple sources including databases in cloud-based or on-premise environments by writing appropriate queries
- Work closely with a variety of technical teams and end-users to identify, diagnose and resolve technical issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a US Citizenship required. No dual citizenship.
- Has the required Bachelor’s degree plus at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of best practices in data visualization and Business Intelligence, including but not limited to software features and capabilities of Tableau version 2018 or later
- Demonstrates extensive experience developing visualizations with Tableau Desktop version 2018 or later and deploying those visualizations to Tableau Server
- Demonstrates experience identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues on behalf of end users of both Tableau Desktop and Server
- Demonstrates experience working with stakeholders to gather, refine and validate visualization requirements
- Demonstrates experience providing feedback on visualizations (chart type, color choice, titles, layout etc.) to improve efficiency or effectiveness
- Demonstrates experience using Tableau Server and explaining Tableau Server functionality to business users
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with business customers and technical teams
- Demonstrates experience tracking project progress, developing status updates, and communicating with project stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates experience developing content for and delivering training to others on the use of Tableau or a similar Business Intelligence software in a classroom setting
- Experience enhancing and automating queries of data sources such as relational databases and flat files
- Experience with training and supporting end users of Power BI
- Experience using data preparation software (like Tableau Prep) to combine or restructure data for analysis
- Prior Government experience in order to expedite the onboarding clearance process. Familiarity with the eQIP system and SF86 forms helpful
Location: Washington, DC (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work has been suspended until further notice)
Wednesday, September 15, 2021