- Washington, DC
The Project Manager provides program management on multiple programs effectively planning, communicating with stakeholders, coordinating and managing the tasks within the scope of the project(s) to produce the required deliverables within the prescribed timeframe.
- Lead a staff of 20+ employees in the day to day operations of an organization to include financial management, program documentation, project management, deployment, scheduling, and test and evaluation of security detection equipment.
- Will direct, monitor and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Build and motivate high performing Agile / DevOps teams to deliver business solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Provide guidance across all work streams and champion Agile and DevOps practices.
- Ensure successful delivery of CI/CD environment and associated standards and processes that meet business needs.
- Participates in all activities associated with Agile development methodology, to include, but not limited to, daily stand up meetings, spring planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Encourages and facilitates team cooperation and promotes collaboration between team members and across organization to achieve project goals and deliverables.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Works collaboratively with the client to assess needs, provide assistance, resolve problems, manage and meet expectations and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Prepares project reports for management, client and others to include: preparing, monitoring a project budget, generate status reports and progress against budgets and milestones.
- Works internally in coordination finance personnel and accounting systems to meet organizational financial and strategic goals.
- Manages and approves project personnel time and customer invoices.
- Develops and maintains a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
Location: Washington DC, Fairfax, VA and/or Metro Area
Must Have Requirements:
- IT Professional with a master’s degree and/or 10 years of experience.
- Experience building high performing Agile / DevOps teams to deliver business solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- At least 5 years of experience leading Agile teams.
- Experience in project management experience delivering complex IT services, including application development, software maintenance and enhancements solutions to federal government agencies.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a government contracting environment and managing competing priorities.
- Experience applying and promoting innovative and leading-edge programs and activities that cost-effectively manage risk and enhance the security of commercial transportation.
- Experience developing strategic plans to help execute customer mission requirements.
- Experience developing and delivering senior level briefs/presentations to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting and assisting customers in managing acquisition life-cycle activities.
- Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability possibly as high as at a Secret Level.
Nice to Have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified.
- ITIL v3 certification.
- Agile Professional certification
Thursday, September 19, 2019