Senior Database Developer
- Bethesda, MD
Senior Database Developer – Bethesda, MD
The Senior Database Developer will be responsible for overall master data management and database management. This will include the development and management of web data extracts, and data transfer between multiple vendors. The developer will also work collaboratively with external vendors and clients to understand strategic objectives and to make recommendations on database solutions. The developer will also work to identify forward-thinking solutions to achieve greater data integrity and efficient data management.
Position Description, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain ETL processes to load Data Marts, support Reporting, and provide Business Intelligence capacities.
- Strong experience with designing and maintaining Master Data Management (MDM) processes for large and complex databases.
- Apply subject matter expertise in Database Engineering
- Apply fully mastered approaches to the design, development, implementation, and management of databases and business intelligence technologies
- Lead development of database applications, interfaces, data transfer mechanism, and business intelligence
- Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to business partners
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Develops and executes Test Driven Development tests, integration tests.
- Works well within an agile development team.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical degree, or the equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of full SDLC experience utilizing MS SQL Server, Microsoft BI, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Reporting solutions
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Experience with database development using SQL Server 2012 or related program
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services or related ETL program
- Experience with reporting/Business Intelligence tools such as SQL Server
- Reporting Services, Tableau or related program
- Experience with Talend Open Studio
- Experience with Tableau desktop and Tableau server
- Experience with Microsoft MDS, Exposure to Profisee or any other MDM tools.
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics
- .Net Development experience on Windows and Web Applications using .NET 4 or Latest REST API Development using WebAPI or any other SOA frameworks
Wednesday, January 29, 2020