- Alexandria, VA
Staff Accountant – Alexandria, VA
This full-time, associate-level position is in Alexandria, VA.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Efficient problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Support time and expense entry and approval process
- Support maintenance of financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and DCAA.
- CPA preferred
- Prior experience with Unanet
- Prior experience with a government contractor
Thursday, February 27, 2020