- Washington, DC
Python Developer - Washington DC
JCDS is looking for a mid-level JAVA/SQL/Python Developer with hands-on expertise in designing and implementing solutions for data transformation using technologies including not limited to SQL, Java, and Python.
This role will operate in an Agile/Scrum, DevOps environment and requires a solid understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
Technologies involved include not limited to Java, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, Hadoop and Python
- Responsible for the development of routines and services for transferring data using Java, SQL, and Python
- Responsible for the development of SQL queries and procedures for data ingestion and transformation
- Conduct design and code reviews of the technical deliverables to ensure quality and alignment with functional and performance requirements
- Work with the Project Manager and Technical lead in establishing collaborative communications channels between government leadership, team members and key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with team software developers, data engineers, and infrastructure engineers to deliver data analytics solutions using agile methodologies
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of a degree.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in Java /J2EE, SQL, Python (or any other scripting languages) supporting federal government customers
- 2+ years hands-on experience as a software engineer designing, implementing, testing and delivering solutions for enterprise systems
- Experience and a strong understanding of data structures, SQL, and data access mechanisms.
- At least 2 years of experience using Relational Databases
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments and being a part of a large IT department/team.
- Experience with open source environments, especially in the cloud environments.
- Good communications skills in both writing and verbal.
- Must be a US citizen to pass an extensive background check for security clearance.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on Experience working within the Bigdata environments is preferred: Hadoop (Cloudera)
- Experience with Tableau is preferred
Wednesday, July 24, 2019