Senior Systems Engineer
- Washington, DC
Directory architecture, capturing standard operating procedures (SOP), and performing migration activities.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for migration activities moving resources into the new Active Directory domain
- The engagement will include evaluating and documenting the configuration of the Active Directory environment, assisting with discovery and remediation of objects, apps, and services for readiness to migrate into the new target domain.
- Evaluate existing Active Directory Implementation including: Discovery of active AD Objects Remediation of Active Directory Integrated Applications and Resources for co-existence
- Work with business units to determine AD integrated application Determine if application changes are required for migration
- Document necessary changes and assess risk to business operations
- Document impact on users Determine specifications for new domain controller
- Develop SOPs for management and administration of the AD environments
- Define roles and responsibilities for ongoing management and maintenance
- Configuration of the new domain controllers and services
- Operation of Migration tools Development of Testing plans Pilot group testing and validation Execution of Migration Plan Perform Migration and post-migration clean
- Extensive Experience supporting a variety of product implementations, migrations, and operations
- Detailed technical background with the ability to discuss architecture, hardware, and software
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of higher education and work experience
- Experience with Enterprise Microsoft Active Directory Design, implementations, and support beyond general administration
- A Microsoft (eg MSCE) certification is required
- Advanced experience with Current Microsoft Server operating systems and services: 2012 and 2016
- Scripting languages such as Powershell, CLI, or equivalent
- Enhanced Security Administrative Environment
- 2FA and PKI
- Quest Migration Manager
- ITIL 3.0 Foundation
Candidate must a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.
This position is currently remote, but it may require on site presence in Washington, DC for specific meetings or events.
Monday, November 7, 2022