Senior Program Analyst
- Washington, DC
Senior Program/Business Analyst –REMOTE/Washington DC
JCDS is seeking a Sr. Program Analyst with proven and extensive experience in a large-scale integrated Health Care System and with substantive programs focused on Veterans healthcare and outreach.
This role will support VHA in the analysis and evaluation of healthcare program effectiveness. This role will perform program reviews requiring systematic ways of assessing the quality of current and future VHA programs to determine ways to improve programs by measuring success, outcomes, and improvement programs. In some instances, the Program Analyst shall assist VHA in executing program operations to meet the previously established goals and objectives. In addition, the Program Analyst shall provide input on the program evaluation and improvement of the organization and management of projects and programs to increase productivity/program performance. The Program Analyst will also assist VHA in the identification of program resources and assist in the development of program reports.
This role will oversee day-today activities of quantitative and qualitative measurement projects, primarily for Customer Satisfaction and Benefits Realization engagements. The successful candidate will have a strong background in business process modeling, and data and informatics related activities. They will also be experienced and comfortable with interviewing project stakeholders from all levels of an organization to understand strategic, business, operational and/or clinical needs and requirements, as well as how the supporting systems operate and interact.
This mid- to senior-level, full-time position is in Washington, DC and includes some telework days. (Please note: this position is fully remote until social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 have been lifted.)
- 6 to 8 years of related experience working with data sets on projects within a healthcare clinical or operational environment, with a specialized focus on business and clinical process modeling, data analysis and data visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Must be proficient in Tableau, PowerBI, Excel or equivalent.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Ability to work onsite in Washington, DC (after COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are lifted).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop action plans.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the detailed steps of operational processes and flow of data.
- Understand, document, and analyze clinical, operational, and administrative workflows and create business process workflow models.
- Present the macro, or big picture, of the entire business case, as well as the intricate details of the interactions between people, process, and technology.
- Create, maintain, and execute project plans.
- Interview project stakeholders from all levels of an organization to understand strategic, business, operational and/or clinical needs and requirements, as well as how their supporting technology tools operate and interact.
- Expertise in collaborating with business owners, analysts, programmers, engineers, and clinical and administrative end-users to identify the baseline (as-is) and future state (to-be) of technology and process improvement initiatives
- Comfortable working with various departments to extract data, analyze the data, understand database relationships, and build customized reports/dashboards
- Experience in logically organizing data into customized reports and dashboards utilizing technology tools such as excel, access, pyramid etc.
- Strong hands-on project management and analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and extensive work with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement.
- Clear communication capability across most mediums and settings.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
Monday, July 13, 2020